News‎ > ‎

Port of Grapeview



SPECIAL MEETING NOTICE - PORT OF GRAPEVIEW
Thursday July 20th, 2017, 4 PM
Grapeview Community Center
4350 E. Grapeview Loop Road

The Port of Grapeview will conduct a Special Meeting to open sealed bids for the new boat launch ramp and new ADA restroom building


SPECIAL MEETING NOTICE - PORT OF GRAPEVIEW
Tuesday July 18th, 2017,  4 PM
Grapeview Community Center
4350 E. Grapeview Loop Road

The Port of Grapeview will conduct a Special Meeting to open proposals for the new Floating dock.


May 2017

Public Hearing NOTICE

Tuesday May 16th, 2017    7 PM

Grapeview Community Center

4350 E. Grapeview Loop Road

Notice of Public Hearing to amend the 2015 Comprehensive Scheme (2017) of Harbor Improvement Pursuant to RCW 53.20.010.

The Port of Grapeview Commission will meet on May 16th, 2017, at 7:10 p.m. in the Grapeview Community Center, 4350 E. Grapeview Loop Rd, Grapeview, WA 98546 for the purpose of amending the 2015 Comprehensive Scheme of Harbor Improvement.  Testimony will be taken by the Port Commission prior to final action on the draft Comprehensive Scheme.


October 2016


There is lots of excitement at the Port of Grapeview lately.  We have been awarded a $706,000.00 grant from the State of Wash.  Recreation and Conservation Office for the Fair Harbor Boat Launch replacement.

 

25% of the grant is matching. So far we have received commitments for $70,000.00 from the shell fish industry and $30,000.00 from an engineer and architect. 

 

We still need to raise $70,000.00 more thru grants and donations in services.  All this money will go into replacing the boat launch and adding a new gangway. Plus permanent bathrooms and upgrading the parking area. 

 

Permits are all in progress, it takes quite a while for all of these to be issued. Once these are completed we will have to work with the salmon spawning season.

 

We would like to get started after next Labor Day weekend. I have volunteered to be the Superintend on the project.

 

The Port of Grapeview has the lowest tax rate of all Ports in the state.   Port of Grapeview 0.036 cents per thousand.  Port of Allyn is 0.18 cents per thousand. Port of Shelton is 0.35 cents per thousand.

 

To keep the Port operating we have explored merging with the Port of Allyn who has paid staff. And are talking about a levy lid lift. Somewhere in the 6 or 7 cents per thousand.  That would still keep us one of the lowest in the state. 

 

We would love to get the publics input on what to do and new ideas how to do it.  

 

The Ports meets at the Grapeview Fire hall on the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm.

 

The Port has a website to keep everyone informed on all of the latest on goings. www.portofgrapeview.com.

 

My email address is portofgrapeview1@gmail.com 

 

Your District 1 Commissioner 

John Anderson 



8/22/16  PoG Announcement

We are pleased to announce that Washington’s Recreation Conservation Office (RCO) has funded our Boat Ramp Project!

The project includes a NEW boat ramp, a NEW gangway and a NEW restroom!

You may recall from previous reports to you that our project was accepted by the RCO in 2014 for 2016/2017 construction but the RCO funds available left us out of the mix.  In 2014 there were 28 Boating Facilities Fund grant applications and we placed 17. The funding level, at the time, only allowed the first nine or ten applicants to receive funding.  It appears as the Legislature has increased the RCO’s funding level, allowing us to be funded.

In short, we got everything we asked for with all three developments accommodated.  The funding level is as follows:  $528,279 from the RCO’s Boating Facilities Fund, which represents 75% of the projected cost, the maximum percentage that is allowed.  The remaining 25% is in matching funds which will come from various sources including the Port of Grapeview, architectural and engineering donations and the shellfish operators.

As you can imagine, there’s a lot of work ahead of us, exacerbated by the fact that the Commissioners cannot talk to each other because of Washington State’s Open Public Meeting laws.  Therefore, we will have numerous Special Meetings for the Commissioners to discuss and approve various segments of the project.  You will be notified automatically if you have received this Port News.

Mason and Benson Lakes are in the Port of Grapeview District One.  John Anderson is your District One Commissioner representing the Benson and Mason Lake area. 

Information on this project as well as any other Port topics can be found at the Port of Grapeview website www.portofgrapeview.com.